Counting down the days.

Hello hello.

I have not left for Florence yet, but I am just setting up my blog. I am hoping to keep up with it as much as possible. I thought I would start off with a little background post pre-departure.

Like I said, my name is Kelsey Perdew and I am a senior at Minnesota State University, Mankato. I am currently studying psychology and political science and I am extremely excited to be almost done with my undergrad. I have thought about studying abroad since I was a freshman, but do to dumb boyfriends and other decisions, I put it off. I thought about it again in about January and committed to my decision while I was in Germany in March for 2 weeks for a class I was taking. I loved everything about European culture and wanted to know more. I picked Italy because I could not find any programs in Germany, but do not think that I "settled" for Italy, I always wanted to go I just always thought I would go to Germany if I ever were to study abroad. Currently, I am very excited for Italy and everything that it has to offer.

I am going to Italy with two friends, Libby and Nicole. I met them in that class that I was previously talking about and we all went to Germany together. We had a great time and I felt it was necessary to tell them to come with me to Italy and they both wanted to! I am so excited to be starting this journey with two friends instead of being by myself. I knew that I would meet tons of people, but the thought of doing something like this alone scares me a lot.

Nicole and I have both been accepted and we are just waiting on Libby's acceptance. We are going through the visa process and let me tell you it's a strenuous one. I cannot wait to get my visa and not have to worry about it anymore.

We booked our flight last Thursday and we are leaving Minneapolis, MN at 8:00pm on Tuesday, August 27th, 2013. We have a short three hour layover in Paris, France (Lucky us :]) and then we will be arriving to Florence at about 5:45pm.

I am clearly so excited for my trip and I am also very excited to blog about absolutely everything that happens. We plan to do a lot of traveling and also spend a lot of time exploring the streets of Florence. I am so looking forward to the culture shock and everything that comes with it.

Things like this change people, it makes them grow and become more independent. I am so ready for this.



Countdown - 71 days


All my love.

No comments: