Cinque Terre.



Cinque Terre
Italy 
 October 6th, 2013



Cinque Terre is a unique little place along the Italian Riveria. Cinque Terre translates into Five Lands. These five towns are situated on the coastline on the west side of Italy. Many tourists make their way to Cinque, but I still think it is a part of Italy that is a little bit more "off the map." The cool thing about Cinque Terre is that the five towns are only connected by hiking trail, boat, or train. This little characteristic makes Cinque Terre a really cool place to explore, especially if you like to hike. 
The names if the five towns of Cinque Terre are  Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore.In recent times though, the hiking trails are closed because of land slides and other natural obstacles. When I was there the only hiking trail that was open was the one that connected Manrola and Riomaggiore. The hikes are pretty difficult with a lot of stairs and inclines. This is coming from someone who doesn't hike of course. Each of the towns have different qualities of their own that make them unique. My favorites being Corniglia with it's awesome pesto and Riomaggiore with it's beautiful beaches. One of the coolest things that I encountered on my trip to Cinque Terre was in Manarola. We happened to find a hidden beach. It was so cool and something that I hope I get to go back to. I know that we weren't the only people who knew about it but something that even goes somewhat unnoticed in a tourist area is pretty cool. I spent only one day in Cinque Terre, but I could have easily spent a weekend there. 




No comments: